- The Columbiana, Ohio Blue Knights Chapter XXX was chartered on April 26th, 2016. It’s members include officers from Columbiana, East Palestine, Lisbon, Alliance, Boardman Township, Goshen Township, New Waterford, Youngstown State University police departments along with Federal Correctional Institution officers and the Columbiana County Sheriff’s Department. Chapter Officers are; Chris Dailey – President, Rick Whitfield – Vice-president, Brandon Ericsson – Treasurer, Brian Granchie – Secretary, Brian Moss – Director, Don Johnson – Director, Travis McDade – Director and Rich Burbick – Road Captain.
Other members include: Jim Ewing, Bill Myers, Jen Calko, Tyler Thaxton, George Long (RIP, transferred to Heaven I, October 2017), Tab Bailey, John Calko, Jason Gregory, Rebecca Martin, Jake Kellner, Randy Baughman, Dave Leffel, Aaron Perkins, Kody Watkins and Zack Puckett.
Ohio Chapter XXX is part of the Great Lakes Regional Conference. The GLRC which consists of Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ontario Canada to represent one of the largest geographical areas in the world, virtually surrounding the Great Lakes!
The Blue Knights® International Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club, is a non-profit fraternal organization consisting of active and retired law enforcement officers who enjoy riding motorcycles. In the Spring of 1974, several law enforcement officers* from the Bangor, Maine (USA) area met and formed a small, local motorcycle club.
Soon, Blue Knight chapters were being formed in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. With the addition of Canada, and later Australia, the Blue Knights became an international organization.
Our charitable organization has contributed over $17.8 million dollars toward various charities throughout the world since statistics were kept.
Our organization is comprised of 19,000+ active, and retired law enforcement officers and we strive to promote our organization as being a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions.
Members can ride a bike of their choosing, and are not mandated to riding an American made motorcycle (ie. Harley Davidson).
We do not have a probationary period for members, or prospects, and women are equal in our organization not only as members, but in leadership positions locally and internationally within the Blue Knights.
* Our Founding Fathers are: Joel Rudom, Bill Robinson, Doug Miner, Ed Gallant, Mike Hall, Chuck Gesner, Wayne Labree, Chuck Shuman.
“As a Blue Knight, I pledge to act with honor and pride to promote motorcycling and motorcycle safety by being an example of the safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles. I will work at all times to improve the relationship between the motorcycling law enforcement community and the general public. The fraternal spirit will always guide me in relating to other Blue Knights.”
According to the By-Laws, our purposes and goals are to:
- Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
- To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
- To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
- To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
- To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.